Thursday, March 22, 2012

SOAPnet's Status

SOAPnet viewers may be wondering what's going on with the network. I know I've been wondering. I've read plenty of different versions of when SOAPnet's last day would be. Things are still pretty much up in the air, although there is some news.

According to ABC Soaps in Depth, SOAPnet's transition to Disney Junior will begin on March 24, with ABC Family running things for a while. This means that ABC Family shows will become part of the lineup. I hope it will include airing Pretty Little Liars from the beginning, but so far, I haven't seen anything to indicate that will happen.

The rebroadcasts of General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, and The Young and the Restless will continue. Technically, the article says that the same-day rebroadcasts will continue, with no mention of the following morning or weekend marathons. I'll be monitoring the situation to see what happens.

0 comments: